- Executes policies, plans, financial affairs and philosophy of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina, as determined by the Board of Trustees.
- Assumes responsibility for communication and public relations for Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina.
- Provides administrative leadership to personnel in carrying out the mission, goals and objectives of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina.
- Provides leadership to the Board of Trustees in the development of policy consistent with the goals of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina; interprets Board policy to the staff and various publics; and assumes responsibility for implementation of policy by appropriate administrative means.
- Manages the fiscal affairs of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina in accordance with applicable laws, policies, regulations and Board requirements.
- Assures that facility planning is an ongoing process and that current facilities are properly maintained.
- Provides a plan for support services in financial development and public relations consistent with the goals and objectives of the Board.
- Maintains appropriate working relationships with staff, community, civic clubs and the public in general.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and development.
- Responsible for providing key leadership for acquisition, mergers, joint ventures with program and facilities and corporate development.
- Responsible for developing the executive structure and essential communication for the organization.
- Responsible for staff morale and total Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina atmosphere, actively coaching the vision, philosophy, values and mission of the organization.
- Responsible to serve as the chairperson of the Executive Leadership Team meeting.
- Responsible for ensuring the preparation and consolidation of the annual strategic plan for the agency and submission for approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for the professional leadership of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina programs in accordance with the policies and expectations of the Board of Trustees.
- Provide oversight management for the development, maintenance and revisions of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina policies and procedures.
- Responsible to maintain budget within parameters approved by the board.
- Responsible for working closely with the CFO in developing the annual budget and monitoring financial performance.
- Provides reports to the Board of Trustees at its quarterly meetings.
- Reviews and recommends policies to the Board of Trustees as appropriate.
- Will engage in regular supervision with one’s supervisor.
- Will fully support and model the mission, vision, and values of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina.
- Will model servant leadership and strength-based philosophies.
- Will deal constructively and helpfully with all other members of the organization.
- Will adhere to all policies, systems, safety requirements, and procedures of the organization.
- Will be a professional representative of the organization to those outside it.
- Will be aware of the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons served.
- Will participate in required training appropriate to your position, and beneficial to the vision of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina.
The PRESIDENT/CEO must have a Master’s Degree or equivalency in training/experience in Administration, Education, Social Work and a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as a top-level administrator in the Human Services field. The PRESIDENT/CEO must have a working knowledge of all laws and legislation both State and Federal affecting the mission of the Boys and Girls Homes of North Carolina (ie Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA). The PRESIDENT/CEO must be educated on any future legislation both Federal and State that could potentially affect any services provided by the Boys and Girls Homes of North Carolina.
The PRESIDENT/CEO shall have practical work experiences including fiscal management, program development, facility management, board development, public relations and marketing, and leading staff. The person assuming the responsibilities of PRESIDENT/CEO must develop a thorough knowledge of the historical development of Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina, its mission, vision, values and philosophy. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
SUPERVISOR/CHAIN OF COMMAND
Board of Trustees – Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina
Exempt, full-time professional position scheduled to meet the needs of the agency and the position.
- Must have the ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to balance, climb, feel, grasp, kneel, lift, pull, push, stoop, and reach above shoulder level.
- Must have the ability to sustain repetitive movements for a limited period of time.
- Must have the ability to operate automotive equipment, travel, and work under limited supervision.
HIGH-LEVEL BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Housing & Utilities (Home on Boys & Girls Homes of North Carolina Campus)
- Car & Phone
- Medical Health Coverage
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays