The children we serve are incredibly resilient. By learning to grow and harvest seasonal vegetables, they also learn responsibility and the value of hard work. They may also choose to plant and grow bedding plants in the greenhouse or harvest pecans. Vegetables, plants, and pecans are all sold in B&GH’s Country Store.
A horsemanship program is available to residents who wish to learn about the care, and keeping of horses. Our Equine Therapy and Events Coordinator Amanda Thompson is certified in the Eagala Model of professional standards for incorporating horses into mental health treatment. Weekly trail rides foster a love of horses and nature as well as a sense of accomplishment for a job well done.
The B&GH exhibition center features:
- 110' x 265' covered arena
- Seating capacity for 1,800
- 120' x 200' lighted, outdoor arena
- Fully integrated sound system
- Climate controlled office for event staff
- On-site wi-fi accessibility
- 200 stalls
- Restrooms and bath houses
- 15 camper hookups with water, electricity and sewer
- 51 camper hookups with water and electricity
- Trailer parking
- A concession stand with full menu
- Metal barrels for barrel racing
- Poles for pole bending
- Jump standards and poles
- Ample parking
To inquire about booking the exhibition center or reserving a camper spot, please contact Amanda Thompson.