The C.R.E.A.T.E. Hope Program provides treatment and advocacy services to child crime victims (4-18 years old) or witnesses to crime and their non-offending caregivers free of charge.
Crimes may include physical/sexual/emotional abuse, domestic violence, severe neglect or other violent crimes.
Our program uses a trauma-informed, wraparound approach that promotes stabilization and healing through Evidence Based Treatments and support for child victims and their non-offending caregivers. Licensed clinicians provide treatment and support services that are tailored to meet the unique and individual needs of each child and family.
Offices are located in Lake Waccamaw, Hampstead, and Kinston.
To make a referral call 910-625-1693.
Trauma-informed Mental Health Service
- Evidence based individual therapy for children
- Family therapy
- Crisis intervention
- 24/7 on call support from clinicians
Support & Advocacy Services
- Child and family needs assessment
- Crisis planning and safety planning
- Linking child and family to needed community resources and providers
- Parenting education and support
- Multidisciplinary team approach
- Helping families understand victim/witness rights as well as navigation of the legal process
- Wraparound case management for stabilization and recovery
Criteria: (Referrals may come from any reliable source)
- There is no income based requirement - the service is offered for free regardless of income
- Child (ages 4 - 18) who resides in southeastern NC, and has been a victim of a crime and/or witnessed criminal acts.
- Eligible child victims must be able to function in a home setting (home, foster home or group home)
- Participation of a non-offending caregiver
For questions or referrals, contact Anna Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lake Waccamaw Office - serving Bladen, Columbus and Robeson counties
104 E. Old Hwy 74/76
P.O. Box 127
Lake Waccamaw, NC 28450
(910) 646-3083 ext. 232
Hampstead Office - serving Pender County
36 Southend Ct.
Hampstead, NC 28443
FAX - (910) 604-0596
Kinston Office - serving Lenoir, Greene, Pitt, Duplin, and Wayne counties
670 Stratford Blvd., Suite C
Kinston, NC 28504
This project was supported by Grant No. 2017-VA-GX-0050 awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, US Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication, program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime.
Boys and Girls Homes of North Carolina, Inc., operates its programs, services and activities in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws. No person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin (including limited English proficiency), disability, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any of our programs.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write Office of Civic Rights, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice (OCR), 810 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20521 or call 202-307-0690 (Voice) or 202-307-2027 (TDD/TTY). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may also contact OCR through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339 (TTY), 877-877-8982 (Speech) or 800-845-615=36 (Spanish).